Monday, September 15, 2008

Shaking things up

Just when you think your world is just fine the way it is, you have to go and shake things up a bit. That’s the way the world works, right? My husband and I recently decided to shake up our lives quite a bit…on July 26, we had our first baby, a little girl named Kaylie Elaine. And they’re right (whoever “they” really are…): having a baby really does change your life.

Between the middle-of-the-night feedings, the constant wondering what “wah” really means, and the baby wearing, I’m sleep deprived, sore, and generally exhausted. But I’ve never felt more joy or creativity. Creating life is a person’s most important work of art, and nurturing that life and seeing it grow does the same for a person’s inner fire. I feel like I have so many new designs swimming around in my head – now if I could just find the time to make them all (see above comments about being exhausted).

I am happy to report that Kaylie truly does enjoy my work (she sleeps right through my hammering and the tumbling machine noise). I hope that one day, she’ll appreciate fashion and art the way I do. But if she wants to play in the dirt and hunt for bugs, I’m okay with that too.

As much as the munchkin will let me, I will continue to create new jewelry collections and appear at local Houston Markets and Art events. The holidays are coming up, so please check the Events page to see where I’ll be this season. And know that I may be a bit slower to update the blog and online store…but I have a good excuse.

Cheers,
Stevie

No comments: