Monday, March 24, 2008

Crawling lessons

No update since December, hmph. Seems like I'm an expert at crawling under rocks...if anyone needs lessons, I'm willing to teach. :) Actually, there are a few good reasons why I've been absent:

  1. The Christmas season was a killer! I had planned to take the entire month of January off after all the shows and events of the last few months.
  2. I found out in January that I was pregnant (due August 1st). I proceeded to develop a bad case of fatigue and spent my month of vacation lying on my couch taking naps. I feel much better now, and other than the tiredness, I've felt fine throughout. We found out early this month that we're having a girl, and my husband and I are quite excited.
  3. I got the flu in February and spent about two weeks recovering from that.
Whew! So since then, I've gotten back in the studio & come up with some new jewelry designs, and I've resumed my search for new and cool handmade things here in the Houston area. I will tell you that I am going to amend my original idea of posting every day and drop it back to at least once per week. I will probably take another break between July and August, though I'm sure once life with a baby settles out a bit, I'll resume some of my work.

I do have a few things to post about now, but I'll do them in separate posts b/c they're not realy related and I don't want this one to be too long.

Happy Monday! Cheers

No comments: