Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Back from Market


I just got finished with my first market event. Yea! Rara Avis was a craft vendor at last Saturday at the Midtown Farmer's Market (at Monica Pope's t'afia restaurant on W. Alabama and Travis). The Midtown Farmer's Market runs every Saturday from 8am - 12pm, rain or shine, and has on of the best selections of locally grown and organic produce and prepared foods around...including items prepared there at t'afia. I was a part of the "Second Saturday Shopping Spree" event featuring the normal rotation of food items plus a selection of artists and craftspeople with handmade goods. Fellow Houston Craft Mafia member Lisa from Fetosoap was there, as well as several other talented artists (if I can get the names, I'll post them all). All the items that I brought were handmade by me.

Jewelry tree for EUTECTIC handcrafted jewelry
All three Rara Avis stationery brands: "Signature," "The White Tree," & "Inked,"

I plan on attending the August 18th Spree event, so if you missed me this time (since I was bad and didn't post BEFORE the event), you can catch me then. Also, if any of you know of upcoming art or craft shows in the area, let me know and I'll post about them too. Cheers.

PS - Thanks to Lisa from Fetosoap for the pics. If you'd like to see a few more, go to my Flickr page.

No comments: