Tuesday, February 27, 2007

What should I call it??

This morning I completed the first two designs of my "idea" session yesterday. But now I don't know what to label this line. All of my stationery has it's own label, but not my jewelry. I could marked it under my Signature label, like the cards...both the stationery and the jewelry have a similar feel: minimal & graphic, but still pretty. I think that's what I'll go with until I think of something else (or until one of you guys suggest something better!).

So here are the first three earring sets. I'm working on a few more, and I'll probably do at least one or two necklaces too. These are different from yesterday's scans, but the concept is still there. I had more stuff to think about and not enough brain space to hold it all.
All three sets are made with sterling silver and 14K gold filled wire with sterling and gold vermeil findings. The anchor rings and hoops have all been hammered to create light catching surfaces. All the stones are faceted (mystic topaz on the left, amethyst on the right), and the chains are flat cable. The result of the entire combination is pretty sparkly, but not too in-your-face. I call it "sneak attack sexy."

I've yet to post these on my Etsy store, but that's the next step. Have a look there soon if you'd like to buy a pair.

Cheers.

No comments: