Monday, April 30, 2007

The grass really is greener on the other side


I like to shop, mostly because it gives me the opportunity to find new designers and boutiques. While doing my daily hunt for cool stores in Houston, I came across greener grass design and gift, a web-based Houston boutique that has both a clean, crisp look and a great stock of unique and nifty items (both big +'s in this surfer's notebook).
"Rather than support the further standardization of design, we want to seek products which
can have added value, be beautiful, functional and have lasting significance," states the authors in the "About Us" page of the site. The site has stuff for your home, your pet, your kids, and you; the products range from just the plain weird "Cube Clock" to eco-friendly organic cotton "Onsie and Beanie" set.

My favorite pieces on the site are the "Fireplace for the Tabletop" by Carl Mertens and "Eddie's Cat Room" by The Pet Project.

Happy Shopping. Cheers.

No comments: